The Molecular Structure Pages
There are currently 409 molecules and ions available on The Molecular Structure Pages!
Molecular structure pages contain three frames.
The blue left-hand frame is a menu. Click on the formula of a molecule or ion in the left-hand frame to view information about that molecule or ion. After a molecule or ion has been selected,
- The center frame will display
- the structural formula, a formula that shows which atoms are connected in the molecule or ion,
- the chemical formula for the molecule, and
- a link to a sound file that will pronounce the name of the molecule or ion. The link is identified by a little speaker . Click the link. When the audio player appears click the start button, which usually looks like a small triangle.
- The right hand frame will display a molecular model, a ball and stick model of the molecule or ion which can be modified or rotated and viewed from any direction. Click here for instructions for rotating or modifying a display or click on "Using Chime" at the top of the menu frame.