Dennis H. EvansAdjunct Research Professor—Analytical Chemistry
Office: WTHR 229
Professor Evans is a retired professor of chemistry who maintains a small laboratory at Purdue to continue his research in electrochemistry. He does not accept graduate students but is involved in collaborative research with several groups in the Department of Chemistry at Purdue as well as a substantial research collaboration with Professors Richard S. Glass and Dennis L. Lichtenberger at the University of Arizona on the subject of electrocatalytic hydrogen production. He also enjoys consulting with students and faculty with questions/problems in electrochemistry.
EducationB.S., 1960, Ottawa University, Ottawa, KS; A.M., 1961, Ph.D., 1964, Harvard University
- Electrochemistry Award, Division of Analytical Chemistry, American Chemical Society, 2011
- Manuel M. Baizer Award, Division of Organic and Biological Electrochemistry, the Electrochemical Society, 2004
- Fellow of the Electrochemical Society, 1998
- College of Arts and Sciences, University of Delaware, Outstanding Scholar, 1995
- C. N. Reilley Award, Society of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 1993
- Meloche-Bascom Professor of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1984-86
- Evans, D. H.; René, A., Reinvestigation of a Former Concerted Proton-Electron Transfer (CPET), the Reduction of a Hydrogen-Bonded Complex between a Proton Donor and the Anion Radical of 3,5-Di-tert-butyl-1,2-benzoquinone. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys 2012 , in press, .
- Norma A. Macías-Ruvalcaba, N. A.; Martha Aguilar-Martínez, M.; Pérez-Casas, S.; Hernández, S.; Mejía, E.; Evans, D. H., Extension of Electrochemical Methods of Study of Inclusion Complexes to the Case Where the Guest Molecule Undergoes a Multielectron, Multiproton Electrode Reaction. Study of Phenolic Acids Forming Inclusion Complexes with α- and β-Cyclodextrins. J. Electroanal. Chem. 2011 , 661, 130-136.
- Astudillo Sánchez, P. D.; Evans, D. H., Reversible dimerization of the anion radicals of some dicyanonaphthalenes. J. Electroanal. Chem. 2011 , 660, 91-96.