Purdue Undergraduate Chemistry
Chemistry offers extraordinary solutions during times of extraordinary challenge. New methods for making molecules and materials have had a transformational impact on our lives and the materials that surround us, and powerful tools for characterizing molecular processes allow us to understand how to do so efficiently, safely, and with minimized environmental impact. Nearly every area of science, technology, and medicine has been revolutionized by fundamental discoveries at the molecular level. Purdue Chemistry offers students the opportunity to:
- Learn from world-class scientists who are focused on undergraduate education.
- Access to state-of-the-art instrumentation to prepare you for jobs in the chemical industry.
- Take your studies abroad to develop your skills at the international level.
- Higher education
- Drug discovery
- Consumer products
- Patent law
- Venture capital
Read more about, "What Can I Do With a Major in Chemistry?"
We believe that research is an integral portion of the training of chemists, and many of our undergraduate chemistry majors join research groups.
Our undergraduate research program can be found on our CHM 499 web page. Working closely with faculty, graduate students and post-doctoral fellows, our undergraduate chemistry majors are not only exposed to what chemistry is, they begin to appreciate how new chemical knowledge is obtained.
The College of Science offers additional information on research opportunities here.
- Biochemistry (Chemistry), BSCH
- Chemistry (ACS), BSCH
- Chemistry, BS
- Science Education - Chemistry Concentration, BS
Chemistry provides a solid foundation for students continuing their studies in medical school as well as many of the other health profession careers. Read more about the importance of chemistry in medicine.
- Outstanding faculty committed to undergraduate education
- Some of the finest undergraduate laboratories in the country
- Commitment to excellence in teaching
- Quality of the undergraduate research program