- Assistant Professor – Organic Chemistry
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 61182
- Office: 247 DRUG
- For Professor Bram Axelrod's individual Home Page click here.
Our research is focused on the synthesis of complex glycoproteins, natural products, and oligosaccharides of importance in immunology and oncology. The projects we investigate are chosen based on the complexity and broader applicability of the chemistry involved, its ability to interrogate a significant biological problem, and the greater implications for translational research. This begins with the development of novel synthetic methods or tactics making difficult chemistry accessible, accelerating biological investigation and discovery, especially in the context of material unreachable through isolation or expression-based methods, Ideally, in direct collaboration with biologists and clinicians, this will lead to the identification of lead structures as pharmacological tools and potential therapeutics.
- B.A., Brandeis University, 2003
- M.A., State University of New York at Buffalo, 2007
- Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin, 2012
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, 2018
- Fellow, 2017
- Fellow, 2007