- Associate Professor of Practice
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 63341
- Office: 4150D BRWN
- For Professor Gudrun Schmidt's individual Home Page click here.
Gudrun has expertise in polymer science and biopolymer chemistry with a focus on developing structure-property relationships. This includes the design, synthesis and characterization of polymer materials from the nanometer to the micrometer length scales. Her current emphasis is on making new materials from renewable polymers. Gudrun will also be involved in revamping and modernizing the General Chemistry lab curricula.
- Diploma, Freiburg University, Germany, 1995
- Ph.D., Freiburg University, Germany, 1998
- Postdoctoral Fellow, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), 2001
- Career Award, 2004
- Feodor Lynen Postdoctoral Fellow, 1999
- Phi Kappa Phi Non-Tenured Physical Sciences Research Award, 2005
- Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2006