- Drug Discovery Professor of Chemistry – Organic Chemistry/Chemical Biology
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 66078
- Office: 123 DRUG/ 4103A BRWN
- For Professor Herman Sintim's individual Home Page click here.
- New anticancer agents targeting G-quadruplexes, PARP enzymes and kinases.
- The chemical biology of bacterial communication, virulence factors production and biofilm formation (quorum sensing and c-di-GMP/c-di-AMP signaling in bacteria).
- The discovery of new antibiotics with novel modes of action.
- The catalytic cycle of total syntheses of complex bioactive molecules and the discovery of new reaction methodologies.
- New DNA nanostructures and machines for bioanalyte detection.
- BSc, University College London, 1999
- Ph.D., University of Oxford, 2002
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Oxford, 2004
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Stanford University, 2006
- Allen Angerio Award for Excellence in Faculty Mentorship, 2010
- Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award, 2011
- Career Award, 2008
- First Innocentive Awardee (Ely Lilly): Profile featured in The Scientist, Volume 16 (1), page 60 (Seeking Scientific Riddle Solvers), 2001
- Kavli Fellow (Indo-US Frontiers of science symposium, 2009
- ORS fellowship, (University of Oxford), 2000
- Pathfinder fellow, (University College London), 1996
- Pfizer UK PhD Prize (First Prize Award), 2001
- Rocheâs top award, Switzerland (Leading Chemists of the Next Decade Symposium), 2002
- Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer, 2015
- UMD Invention of the year finalist, 2008
- University of Maryland General Research Board Summer Research Award, 2007