Herman O. Sintim
- Drug Discovery Professor of Chemistry — Organic Chemistry/Chemical Biology
- Office: DRUG 123/BRWN 4103A
- For Professor Herman O. Sintim's individual Home Page click here.
- New anticancer agents targeting G-quadruplexes, PARP enzymes and kinases.
- The chemical biology of bacterial communication, virulence factors production and biofilm formation (quorum sensing and c-di-GMP/c-di-AMP signaling in bacteria).
- The discovery of new antibiotics with novel modes of action.
- The catalytic cycle of total syntheses of complex bioactive molecules and the discovery of new reaction methodologies.
- New DNA nanostructures and machines for bioanalyte detection.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, 2004 - 2006, Stanford University
- Postdoctoral Fellow, 2002 - 2004, University of Oxford
- Ph.D., 2002, University of Oxford
- BSc, 1999, University College London
- Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer, 2015
- Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award, 2011
- Allen Angerio Award for Excellence in Faculty Mentorship, 2010
- Kavli Fellow (Indo-US Frontiers of science symposium, 2009
- NSF Career Award, 2008
- UMD Invention of the year finalist, 2008
- University of Maryland General Research Board Summer Research Award, 2007
- Rocheâs top award, Switzerland (Leading Chemists of the Next Decade Symposium), 2002
- Pfizer UK PhD Prize (First Prize Award), 2001
- First Innocentive Awardee (Ely Lilly): Profile featured in The Scientist, Volume 16 (1), page 60 (Seeking Scientific Riddle Solvers), 2001
- ORS fellowship, (University of Oxford), 2000 - 2002
- Pathfinder fellow, (University College London), 1996 - 1999