- Associate Professor of Practice
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 45499
- Office: 1149 BRWN
- For Professor Jonathan Rienstra-Kiracofe's individual Home Page click here.
Since earning his doctorate, Jon has worked continuously in undergraduate education. With a background in Physical/Theoretical chemistry, he has taught numerous undergraduate chemistry classes (both lab and lecture), with a focus on General Chemistry, Physical Chemistry and Environmental Chemistry.
While at North Park University, Jon was the lead faculty person for the planning, design, and construction of the Johnson Center for Science and Community Life. Now at Purdue University, Jon is leading the process to implement a new General Chemistry laboratory curriculum for the under construction STEM Teaching Lab Building. This curriculum will make full use of the state-of-the-art facilities and technologies provided by the STEM building and employ best practices in laboratory teaching.
- B.S., Calvin College, 1996
- Ph.D., University of Georgia, 2000
- Chair, Chemistry Department, 2010
- Co-Division Director and Associate Dean, Division of Sciences, 2017
- Faculty Liaison, Johnson Center for Science and Community Life Building Design Team, 2009