Skip Navigation

Choosing an Undergraduate Research Advisor

The faculty members of the Department of Chemistry listed under "Undergraduate Research Advisors By Division" have indicated a willingness to serve as research advisors for undergraduates interested in enrolling in Chemistry 49900 undergraduate research during the current academic year. As a rule, students spend two semesters on a research project, but many faculty members are also interested in directing sophomores or juniors for longer periods. The research topics listed are quite general. Further details about a research program may be obtained (1) by examining the faculty member's web site, (2) by examining the reprint file in the Chemistry Library, or (3) by discussion with the faculty member involved.

Students should make their own specific arrangements to find a faculty member with whom to do research work. In order to register for Chemistry 49900, the student should inform his or her academic advisor. The advisor will need to enter a title of the research project (22 spaces or less), the faculty member, and the number of credit hours.

Note that a comprehensive, final research report, including library work, will be required at the end of the Chemistry 49900 experience. This report is to be submitted to the research advisor, and a copy is to be delivered to the Head of the Department of Chemistry.

Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 (765) 494-4600

Department of Chemistry, 560 Oval Drive, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-2084 | Telephone: (765) 494-5200 | Fax: (765) 494-0239

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Science IT

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact ScienceIT at