To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident,
- Not be graduating with a BA or BS before this summer,
- Be a full-time student at an accredited college or university
- Be available for full-time research work (minimum of Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm) from May 22 - July 28, 2023
- Be prepared to live on-campus at Purdue University for the duration of the program.
The following information will be needed to complete the Online application form. Please gather this information before beginning the submission process.
- Provide a one-page, typed personal statement
- Detailing why you would like to participate in Purdue's REU Summer Chemistry Research Program,
- Describing any previous research experience you may have had,
- Discussing your long-term career goals and
- If you are a community college student, discuss your plans for your bachelors degree and the importance of that school’s strength of research program on your decision.
- Provide a concise list of courses taken and corresponding grades, which includes final grades for all Fall 2022 courses and includes classes for which you are registered for the Winter or Spring 2023 quarter/semester. For rising freshmen, please provide grades for the junior and senior years of high school.
- Contact information for two Letter of Reference writers: Provide Name, Title, Department, Institution, Phone, Email