The ignition of an amine-borane on contact with nitric acid is captured using a high-speed camera.
Much of our current research is centered around amine-boranes.
- New methods of amine-borane synthesis.
- Transformation of amine-borane into other reagents
- Development of synthetic methodolgies using amine-boranes
We use amine-boranes produced by our methodologies for a range of materials chemistry applications, including:
- Hypergolic propellants
- Hydrogen storage materials
- Formation of metal nanoparticles
- Production of boron-nitrogen polymers
- Water-promoted, scalable synthesis of heteroaromatic amine-boranes utilizing a heterogeneous, green dual-solvent system(Submitted)
- Interconnected Sn@SnO2 Nanoparticles as a Superior Lithium-Ion Anode(Submitted)
- Room Temperature Reduction of Titanium Tetrachloride-Activated Nitriles to Primary Amines with Ammonia-Borane
- A safer reduction of carboxylic acids with titanium catalysis
- Monotrifluoroacetoxyborane-amines: chemoselective reagents for challenging reductive aminations
- TiCl4-catalyzed hydroboration of ketones with ammonia-borane
- Aminoboranes via Tandem Iodination/Dehydroiodination for One-Pot Borylation
- Activation of Sodium Borohydride via Carbonyl Reduction for the Synthesis of Amine- and Phosphine-Boranes
- Ammonia-borane as a Catalyst for the Direct Amidation of Carboxylic Acids
- Experimental Study of Factors Affecting Hypergolic Ignition of Ammonia Borane
- Trimethyl Borate-Catalyzed, Solvent-Free Reductive Amination
- Amine-boranes as Dual-Purpose Reagents for Direct Amidation of Carboxylic Acids
- Jan. 2023. "Room Temperature Reduction of Titanium Tetrachloride-Activated Nitriles to Primary Amines with Ammonia-Borane" published in Molecules.
- Nov. 2022. "A Safer Reduction of Carboxylic Acids with Titanium Catalysis" published in Organic Letters.
- Sept. 2022.Monotrifluoroacetoxyborane-amines as new chemoselective reagents for reductive aminations published in Chemical Communications.
- Sept. 2022.New, titanium catalyzed ketone hydroboration using ammonia-borane published in The Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- Apr. 2022.New, tandem aminoborane and boronate ester synthesis published in ACS Omega.
- Dec. 2021.Our solvent-free reductive amination was recently highlighted by Organic Chemistry Portal.
- Nov. 2021.Abdul and Randy both passed their OP.
- Nov. 2021.New amine-borane synthesis method published in Dalton Transactions.
- Oct. 2021. Welcome! Aman Singh, Priyank Rout, and Madison Snyder join the group.
- Aug. 2021. Study of the hypergolic ignition of ammonia-borane published in the Journal of Propulsion and Power.
- May. 2021. Congratulations Dr. Hamann! Henry successfully defended his thesis.
Welcome to the Ramachandran Research Group. We develop new reagents and reactions in organoboron and fluoroorganic chemistry. These methodologies are applied to the synthesis of natural and unnatural molecules for use in alternative energy, energetic materials, and medicinal chemistry applications.