Dr. Ryan Altman
We are synthetic organic chemists with three predominant interests: (1) Developing innovative synthetic organic reactions for accessing therapeutically relevant drug-like compounds; (2) Exploring physicochemical and biophysical perturbations imparted by fluorinated functional groups and applying these groups towards drug design, and (3) Providing medicinal chemistry support for pharmacological collaborators. In the final area, we actively collaborate with pharmacological and biochemistry experts to develop agents for treating pain, mood and anxiety disorders, aging, and inflammation.
- B.S., Creighton University, Chemistry, 2003
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Organic Chemistry, 2008
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California, Irvine, Organic Chemistry, 2011
- ChemComm Emerging Investigator Feature, 2017
- Career Award, 2015
- Thieme Chemistry Journal Award, 2015