<-- Please use the Tabs on the Left to navigate to the area you wish to go to.
Department Safety Coordinator - Paul Bower Office: WTHR 173 (765) 494-5472NOTE: MASKS are REQUIRED to be WORN before you Enter Any Chemistry Building !! No Exceptions ! .... Please Consider Others....
SELF-AUDITS 2020 List is HERE --> Self-Audits 2020
What's NEW on our Safety Mission?
Chemical Archive - Thousands of Available Chemicals --> See Chemical Archive List
New SOP --> What to Do IF the Building Loses Power Power Outage.pdf
New SOP --> After Hours Guideline AfterHoursGuidelines_2020.pdf
New 2020 Weekly Eyewash Station Testing (WEST) checklist now available à Eyewash Checklog (WEST)
Graduate Student Safety Committee Duties --> Read This for Info!
General Safety Rules, plus legal requirements for storage, handling, and waste procedures for:
INJURIES! Where Do I Go? Click HERE for Information on Injuries.
Here is our Chemistry Department Guide for Medical Emergencies (includes MAP!): Medical Emergencies
Information and safety policies regarding:
- Getting started; REM's "Researchers' Guide"
- General lab housekeeping and basics
- PPE and other controls
- Safety News and stories
Dates to Remember
- Safety Training Renewals: May 15- June 15
- CFATS Chemicals Reporting - due early-May
- REM Safety Inspection of Department - June
- Self-Audits: October 1- October 22
The Scientific Method
- Theory - Defining the Scope of Research
- Prediction - Identifying and Evaluating Hazards
- Experiment - Performing the Work using the Defined Controls
- Observation - Identifying Lessons to be Learned