<-- Please use the Tabs on the Left to navigate to the area you wish to go to.
Department Safety Coordinator
Paul Bower Office: WTHR 173
Office: (765) 494-5472 Cell: (765) 543-3790 email@example.com
MASKS are OPTIONAL everywhere, EXCEPT:
Research Labs may set their own Mask Mandates for those working in the labs.
Graduate Safety TA: Lynn Krushinski firstname.lastname@example.org
What's NEW on our Safety Mission?
The Online Safety Training is moving to the HSI Platform (Health and Safety Institute). As such, the names of the required modules have changed. --> see details in the Safety Training pages
Chemical Archive - Thousands of Available Chemicals (November 2023 update)
New SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Class D Fire Extinguisher (CDFE) Usage: Class D Fire Extinguisher
- What to Do IF the Building Loses Power: Power Outage.pdf
- After Hours Guideline: AfterHoursGuidelines_2020.pdf
- Decommissioning Research Labs: Decommissioning Labs.pdf
- Protocols & Communication of Serious Incidents: Accidents & Incident Protocol.pdf
- Shipment of all research samples should be arranged through the Chemistry Procurement Office.
- --> Shipping SOP is here: International and Hazardous Materials - eShipGlobal
General Safety Rules, plus legal requirements for storage, handling, and waste procedures for:
- Chemicals, Chemical Hygeine Plan (CHP), HazCom, Waste accumulation and disposal
- Biologicals, Biosafety, Bloodborne Pathogens, Bio-waste procedures
- Radioisotopes, purchasing and waste disposal, also ionizing radiation producing devices, Xrays, lasers, magnets..
INJURIES! Where Do I Go??
Chemistry Department Guide for Medical Emergencies (PDF) : Show the Maps of Facilities
Information and safety policies regarding:
- Emergency Procedures Guide for Purdue
- Getting started: EHS's "Researchers' Guide"
- General lab housekeeping and basics
- PPE and other controls
- Safety News and stories
Dates to Remember
- Safety Training Renewals: May 15- June 30
- CFATS Chemicals Reporting - due early-July
- EHS Safety Inspection of Department - February
- Self-Audits: Mid November
"RAMP" - What exactly is RAMP ?
- Recognize Hazards
- Assess the Risks
- Minimize Risk of Hazards
- Prepare for Emergencies