Get Involved with K-12 Outreach!
Remember to submit any activities you do with K-12: https://bit.ly/ChemistryOutreach
Opportunities to get involved with K-12 Outreach this Fall (2023):
Volunteer for Wonders on the Wabash - September 6, 7, 12, 13, & 14, 2023
Looking for a fun, hands-on opportunity to help local middle school students? Local 6th grade classes will enjoy a day on the mighty Wabash River. We will be learning about water quality, ecosystems, and much more! Sign up today and join our floating classroom: https://www.tippecanoe.in.gov/969/Volunteer-Information
- Complete the online Registration & Liability Waiver (linked on the site above)
- Download, print, and sign the Mandatory Background Check form (linked on the site above)
- You can choose to hand-deliver the printed Background Check form or mail the printed form to the Surveyor's Office (basement of the Tippecanoe County Building): 20 N Third Street, Lafayette, IN 47901
- The Background Check form MUST BE RECEIVED by the Surveyor's Office at least ONE WEEK PRIOR to the rafting date(s) you choose.
- ALL Volunteers are invited to join us at a special evening training session at the Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds on Wednesday, August 23 at 6:00 PM.
Help Build our STEM Career Repository!
Students lack awareness of the vast career possibilities in STEM fields. Teachers are tasked with integrating college and career readiness into their curricula. To support both students and their teachers, Purdue University College of Science K-12 Outreach is creating an extensive STEM Career Repository.
We need YOUR expertise to make a difference!
- Record a short video (2-3 minutes), filmed horizontally, introducing the captivating work you do as a STEM professional.
- Introduce yourself and state your job/career.
- Follow with important background information relevant to your job.
- Finish with an interesting or unique description of something that you do as part of your job.
- Submit your finished video to email@example.com
- If you would prefer, we can record you on Zoom. Many people are recording in both English and another language that they are fluent in speaking. If you do record in a second language, please let us know the language.
If you want to help K-12 students and teachers but prefer an activity that is not necessarily hands-on, we have created virtual labs for teachers and students. View examples of virtual labs and our NEW webpage for Science Demos.
Subscribe to Superheroes of Science!
Please help grow this platform, which serves to support the Broader Impacts for Purdue University faculty members, by subscribing and sharing our podcast and our YouTube channel!
On Apple: https://bit.ly/SOS_apple
On Spotify: https://bit.ly/SOS_spotify
On Amazon: https://bit.ly/Superheroes_amazon
Find Superheroes of Science on Social Media: