Dr. Jonathan Rienstra-Kiracofe
- Professor of Practice
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 45499
- Office: 1149 BRWN
- Professor Jonathan Rienstra-Kiracofe's individual homepage
Since earning his doctorate, Jon has worked continuously in undergraduate education. With a background in Physical/Theoretical chemistry, he has taught numerous undergraduate chemistry classes (both lab and lecture), with a focus on General Chemistry, Physical Chemistry and Environmental Chemistry.
While at North Park University, Jon was the lead faculty person for the planning, design, and construction of the Johnson Center for Science and Community Life. Now at Purdue University, Jon is leads the process to implement a new General Chemistry laboratory curriculum as part of the new Chaney-Hale Hall of Science . This curriculum makes full use of the state-of-the-art facilities and technologies provided by the building and employ best practices in laboratory teaching.
- B.S., Calvin College, 1996
- Ph.D., University of Georgia, 2000
- College of Science Team Award, 2020
- Co-Division Director and Associate Dean, Division of Sciences, North Park University, 2017
- Chair, Chemistry Department, North Park University, 2010
- Faculty Liaison, Johnson Center for Science and Community Life Building Design Team, North Park University, 2009