Useful Online Resources
Useful Web Sites
- Dr. Bodner's Chemistry Help Page - old school but very thorough resource on General Chemistry from Dr. George Bodner, who researched Chemical Education at Purdue for over 40 years
- Kahn Academy General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
- LibreTexts.org and open access textbook website
- Crash Course - Chemistry - General Chemisty in 43 flashy videos complete with chemistry puns
- Crash Course - Organic - The basics of organic with still more chemistry puns
- Visualizing Mechanisms
- Metal Chemistry (inorganic)
- Washington State University Inorganic Website
Interactive periodic tables:
You must login with your Career Account ID to access some of the sites on the library's page.
- Finding Spectra (IR, NMR, etc.): Try NIST, SDBS, and the Aldrich Catalog.
- Finding Chemical Properties and Physical Data: Try the Merck Index, CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, or ChemFinder (see "Key Resources").
- Writing Lab Reports: see the library's resource guide