Precision Machining is your one-stop-shop for design and fabrication in support of research and teaching.
where your ideas become reality...
- Specializing in prototypes and one-offs
- Modifications of off-the-shelf parts
- Design/technical assistance and material selection
- 3D modeling/drafting
- Conventional and CNC milling, profiling and turning
- Autodesk Inventor, Fusion 360, Mastercam software
- Welding and soldering
- Surface grinding
- Experience with high vacuum system components
- Experience with various metals, ceramics and polymers
- Student instruction
Wetherill Laboratory of Chemistry, Room 81
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Campus users are welcomed to stop in or submit requests via the web-based machining request system. Pre-scheduled appointments are also available for larger projects.
- Chemistry Dept: $65/hour plus materials
- On Campus: $74/hour plus materials
- Off Campus: $113/hour plus materials