Skip to main content

Research and Internships

Research at Purdue

  • See our CHM 49900 Undergraduate Research page for more information on getting started in research in the Chemistry Department at Purdue as an undergraduate. As a Chemistry major, you can do research in other departments, such as Chemical Engineering, Pharmacy, or Biology.

  • The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) recognizes undergrad student research through the OUR Scholars program. These scholarships have requirements for the year and pay $1000.

  • The Chemistry Department has professor-nominated departmental scholarships for summer research; your advisor will email you about the process sometime in December.

  • The SURF program (through the School of Engineering) allows students to participate in research activities on campus over 10-weeks during a 11-week program in the summer. Deadline to apply is usually mid-February.

  • Summer Stay Scholars is an on-campus summer scholarship program that combines coursework with a research or internship experience.
  • Additional Purdue Summer opportunities can be found at the OUR Opportunities page.


Internships and Jobs


Governmental Internships