How To Register
If you have a written or verbal agreement with a faculty member to participate in undergraduate research in their group, you will need to add CHM 49900 to your schedule of classes. It is recommended to add CHM 49900 before the end of Week 4.
Remember to read the CHM 49900 Syllabus and discuss additional requirements with your research advisor.
You can only add CHM 49900 for Spring 2023 through March 20, 2023.
NOTE: Do not add CHM 49900 to your Course Request Form for the Fall! Add during Open Registration.
To add through Scheduling Assistant (after 4/24) for Fall 2023:
STEP 1: Add One Credit
- Log into myPurdue.purdue.edu and go to the Registration page, then select Use Scheduling Assistant.
- In the upper right, make sure it says Fall 2023(PWL).
- Go to your Course Request page or click the New Course button.
- Add CHM 49900. There are two ways to select your professor's section:
- On the first empty line, type CHM 49900, and it should show the class title. Click the “List of Classes” tab and select your professor's CRN. (there's a bug that makes you select it again in a list with blue text). It should then show the class with the correct professor as the instructor. Click 'Submit Schedule".
- If you do not see your professor in the List of Classes: Click any professor, and it should pull up the list in blue text with the proper list of professors. Select your professor then click 'submit'
- You will get a Registration Error. Ithe pop-up box, click the Request Approvals button.
- In the Override Request Comment Box, do NOT use a prewritten comment; you must state the total number of credits you'd like to register for ("e.g., "I would like one credit/two credits/etc").
- Click Submit Schedule. This will send the approval for the class and number of credits to your research professor, but will only register you for ONE credit. Follow directions below to request more than one credit.
STEP 2: How to Request More than One Credit of Research:
- Confirm that you have registered for one credit of CHM 49900 by checking your class list on the Academics page of myPurdue.
- Go to myPurdue/Registration/Use Scheduling Assistant.
- Click on tab Grade Modes & Credits and select CHM 49900.
- In the pop-up that will appear, click on the drop-down in Credit.
- Select the number of credits you want to take.
- Click on Submit Changes.
- You should then go back to Scheduling Assistant in a day or two and confirm that credits (and title, professor, etc.) are correct.
Remember to complete the Departmental safety training, which is required before starting research.