Skip to main content

How To Register

If you have a written or verbal agreement with a faculty member to participate in undergraduate research in their group, you will need to add CHM 49900 to your schedule of classes. It is recommended to add CHM 49900 before the end of Week 4.

Remember to read the CHM 49900 Syllabus and discuss additional requirements with your research advisor.

To add through Scheduling Assistant for Fall 2022:

STEP 1: Add One Credit

  1. Log into and go to the Registration page, then select Use Scheduling Assistant.
  2. In the upper right, make sure it says Fall 2022(PWL).
  3. Go to your Course Request page or click the New Course button.
  4. Add CHM 49900. There are two ways to select your professor's section:
    1. On the first empty line, type CHM 49900, and it should show the class title. Click the “List of Classes” tab and select your professor's CRN. (there's a bug that makes you select it again in a list with blue text). It should then show the class with the correct professor as the instructor. Click 'Submit Schedule".
    2. If you do not see your professor in the List of Classes: Click "Course Requests", then type in the CRN for your professor, see the list below. It should pull up a drop down menu, where you select the second course with the course number that contains the CRN. (CHM49900M 12345-012, for example), then click 'submit'
  5. You will get an override error. At this point, click the Request Approvals button.
  6. In the Override Request Comment Box, do NOT use a prewritten comment, but state the number of credits you would like to register for (One credit, two credits, etc).
  7. Click Submit Schedule. This will send the approval for the class and number of credits to your research professor, but will only register you for ONE credit. Follow directions below to request more than one credit.

STEP 2: How to Request More than One Credit of Research:

  1. Confirm that you have registered for one credit of CHM 49900 by checking your class list on the Academics page of myPurdue.
  2. Go to myPurdue/Registration/Use Scheduling Assistant.
  3. Click on tab Grade Modes & Credits and select CHM 49900.
  4. In the pop-up that will appear, click on the drop-down in Credit.
  5. Select the number of credits you want to take.
  6. Click on Submit Changes.
  7. You should then go back to Scheduling Assistant in a day or two and confirm that credits (and title, professor, etc.) are correct.

Remember to complete the Departmental safety training, which is required before starting research.

 Fall 2022 CRNs

Axelrod Abram 19089
Ben-Amotz Dor 14453
Boudouris Bryan 35054
Chen Ming 10593
Chopra Gaurav 41030
Claridge Shelley 14480
Cooks Robert 60735
Das Chittaranjan 35432
Doucette Suzanne 22278
Ghosh Arun 59393
Hood Jonathan 54346
Hrycyna Christine 14462
Huang Libai 14458
Kais Sabre 14465
Kenttamaa Hilkka 14464
Laskin Julia 14454
Laskin Alexander 61090
Li Christina 14484
Lipton Mark 14467
Liu Julie 22318
Low Philip 14466
Low-Nam Shalini 35688
Lyon Angeline 13115
Mao Chengde 14468
Mcluckey Scott 35394
Mei Jianguo 35481
Michalski Greg 14470
Parkinson Elizabeth 14469
Ramachandran P. Veeraraghavan 14472
Ren Tong 14473
Reppert Michael 54347
Rienstra-Kiracofe Jonathan 14457
Schmidt Gudrun 14475
Shah Kavita 14476
Simpson Garth 14477
Sintim Herman 35685
Slipchenko Lyudmila 35053
Thompson David 14479
Thompson Corey 14452
Tian Shiliang 65146
Towns Marcy 14460
Uyeda Christopher 11533
Wasserman Adam 35052
Wei Alexander 14481
Wenthold Paul 14482
Wilker Jonathan 14483
Wirth Mary 14461
Zhang Zhong-Yin 12963
Zhang Chi 14459