<-- Please use the Tabs on the Left to navigate to the area you wish to go to.
Department Safety Coordinator - Paul Bower WTHR 173 (765) 494-5472
General Safety Rules, plus legal requirements for storage, handling, and waste procedures for:
INJURIES! Where Do I Go? Click HERE for Information on Injuries.
Here is our Chemistry Department Guide for Medical Emergencies (includes MAP!): Medical Emergencies
Information and safety policies regarding:
- Getting started; REM's "Researchers' Guide"
- General lab housekeeping and basics
- PPE and other controls
- Safety news and stories.
Dates to Remember
- Safety Training Renewals: May 1- May 31
- CFATS Chemicals Reporting - due mid-May
- REM Safety Inspection of Department - June
- Self-Audits: October 1- October 22
The Scientific Method
- Theory - Defining the Scope of Research
- Prediction - Identifying and Evaluating Hazards
- Experiment - Performing the Work using the Defined Controls
- Observation - Identifying Lessons to be Learned